Friday, February 10, 2006

Writing Open the Mind

The first time I met Andy Couturier here in Tokushima, we went to a coffee shop and started writing crazily, in an attempt to lose sense of meaning. I can't say I succeeded, but having Andy as a guru certainly changed the way I felt about my craft. At the time, I was working on a novel, trying to make every word publishable. But Andy reintroduced me to writing for fun, for the pure joy of it. I was later privileged to join one of his workshops,where we tried many of the experiments in Andy's recently published book Writing Open the Mind. The section headings are intriguing in themselves: Oysters in the Mouth, Aroma Shiftings, Mess Makings and Energy Risings, Word Kleptocracy, etc. I guarantee you that as soon as you crack open this book, you'll be itching to write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home