Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Muse


My daughter is the inspiration for the story I'm working on right now, but she has also served as a muse for others. A few years ago I interviewed textile artist Mary Edna Fraser. In the course of our conversation,I told her about my daughter's disabilities. Shortly thereafter, she e-mailed to say that she had begun a batik for my little girl.

Here is what she wrote about the work:

"Crater Aurelia" Venus, batik on silk, 57" x 49"

This silk is dedicated to Lilia, a two year old deaf child, and for all who are handicapped. The volcanic dome Aurelia is one of many on Venus. The image suggests a delicate ballerina skirt with Lilia dancing across the planetary landscape.

I wish I could afford to buy it!

5 Comments:

Blogger Gaijin Mama said...

I couldn't get the photo link to work. You have to click on works for sale and then keep going till you get to "Crater Aurelia Venus."

3:31 PM  
Blogger illahee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:11 PM  
Blogger illahee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:12 PM  
Blogger illahee said...

sorry for the deleted comments. :( i tried to post a link to the picture.

well, it's very lovely. thank you for telling us about it!

11:44 PM  
Blogger Gaijin Mama said...

Thanks, Illahee.

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home