Saturday, April 22, 2006

Scratch

So the little girls suddenly became sweet and nice to Lilia, but last night Jio took his shirt off and I saw this huge gash down his back, like someone had raked him or something. I asked him about it, and he told me who did it, but he didn't want to talk about it anymore. The kid in question went to the same kindergarten as my son and they sometimes played together, but I had the feeling that he wasn't altogether in control of his emotions and sometimes lashed out. I don't think it's a case of bullying, but my husband is convinced that Jio presents himself as a victim and doesn't fight back. I think he's learned to restrain himself because Lilia is always biting him and pinching and pulling his ears and he doesn't hurt her back.

At any rate, it's tough to know how to handle this kind of situation. Jio doesn't want to be a tattle-tale, and I think the teachers are already aware of the potential problems of this other kid. Yoshi wants to inform the teacher of what happened. Something like this occurred before at Jio's kindergarten and Yoshi made a bigger deal of it than it was, and now Jio is reluctant to talk about these things. We need to keep the channels of communication open, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home