Tuesday, November 21, 2006

There Will Be Champagne Tonight!

I just got word that Boston's venerable Beacon Press has agreed to publish my anthology on parenting disabled children. I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to those of you who participated in my straw poll a few weeks ago. I believe your comments may have helped tip the scales.

For those of you just tuning in, I have spent the last few years working on an anthology of creative writing - fiction, poetry, nonfiction - on parenting children with special needs. My intention is to show life as it really is - the good, the bad, the ugly, the beautiful - and to make the case that the lives of families of the disabled are worthy of literature. This is not a book of inspirational pieces for the parents of the disabled. It's a collection of wonderful stories, essays and poetry that happen to be about parenting disabled children.

I will keep you posted!

6 Comments:

Blogger Choco Pie said...

Wow, congratulations! Wonderful!

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Gaijin Mama, I am so happy for you, congratulations!!!

4:14 AM  
Blogger jean said...

Wonderful news!!! Congrats!!!

4:45 AM  
Blogger Gaijin Mama said...

Thank you!!!!!

1:48 AM  
Blogger WendyJI said...

What wonderful news! I read your blog most days, and was thrilled to hear of the publication.
Consider yourself the recipient of a virtual pat on the back!

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am the mother of a child with profound disabilities, and I look forward to reading your book when it comes out!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home