Thursday, February 22, 2007

Losing Kei: Progress Report

I'm happy to report that I have finished revisions on my novel, Losing Kei, over a month ahead of my deadline. I heard from Ira, my editor/publisher yesterday, and he seems satisfied with the changes I made. Yay! Meanwhile, I've been reading his first novel, The Kitchen Man, which is somewhat autobiographical. It feels sort of like reading one's boss's diary. I feel like I know so much about his marriage now (including his sex life) and the things that made him miserable in childhood. And Ira, having read my novel and probably other stuff that turned up online, no doubt knows quite a bit about me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger jean said...

Glad you don't see him on a day-to-day basis -- there's only so much (or not much at all!) that we want to know about our bosses' sex life!

5:39 AM  
Blogger jennifergg said...

Congratulations! It's a terrific feeling (I imagine...I'm still working on my own revisions--but you inspire me! Perhaps I can get them done early too!)

I can't wait to read your book. I'm really looking forward to it.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Leightongirl said...

Oh yay!!! Getting revisions done early is a major victory. And I agree with Jennifer, can't wait to read the book.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home