Thursday, February 16, 2006

MotherVerse

I just got the latest issue of MotherVerse, which features a deeply moving essay by my good friend Michele Corkery. Michele and I both took part in the Ploughshares Writers Conference a few years ago, back before we had children. There's also an essay by me, on the birth of my twins in Japan, which will appear in the anthology This Changes Everything: the Challenges of Motherhood in the fall. (I'll keep you posted about that.)

One of the things I like about MotherVerse is that the editors strive to present the voices of mothers around the world. In this issue, there's a story by Taiwanese writer/mother Eugenia Chao. The previous issue had a story set in India. I'm looking forward to learning more about mothering around the world through this new journal.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacey Greenberg said...

i loved your essay! how about sending me something for the next fertile ground?? i have space to fill!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Gaijin Mama said...

Thanks, Stacey. I'll see what I have.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home