Thursday, March 30, 2006

Tamagotchi

Okay, here's something that I will NEVER do: babysit my kids' electronic pets. I see Japanese mothers all the time these days pushing those little buttons to "play with" or "feed" or "medicate" their kids' tamagotchis while the owners are at school or whatever. Today at the pool, there were two mothers with about four tamagotchi toys each. I suppose the mothers may secretly like playing with the things, but I'm glad that my kids haven't shown much interest in them so far.

6 Comments:

Blogger weigook saram said...

That's insane. The image of the moms standing around pushing the buttons is really funny.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Leightongirl said...

I used to love Josie's tamagotchi (sorry). But anything in moderation, right?

8:08 AM  
Blogger Gaijin Mama said...

If the moms like playing with tamagotchis, I don't have a problem with it, but it seems to me that some are a bit too slavish to their children.

4:50 PM  
Blogger MomKori said...

Even to Japanese mom's eyes, those adults playing tamagochi look strange. I don't like it.
I also happened to post an entry on Tamagotchi. Mine is focused on a different side of this toy, so if you're interested, please visit my site :)

11:39 PM  
Blogger illahee said...

i used to have a tamagotchi of my own in the US. so, i would be more likely playing with my own than 'pet-sitting' for my kids! LOL

also, may i link to your blog on mine?

3:22 AM  
Blogger Gaijin Mama said...

Sure, of course you can link my blog to yours. Thanks for being such a faithful reader.

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home