Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving doesn't happen around here unless I manage to order a turkey from the Foreign Buyer's Club and dig up my pilgrim centerpiece. Like anyone cares (except for me). This year I didn't manage to pull it off, but, in the spirit of the season, here are ten things that I'm thankful for:

1. Everyone in my family is healthy (although Yoshi got hit in the head with a baseball today and is wearing a plaster).

2. Beacon Press is going to publish my anthology.

3. Lilia can now do her math homework on her own, more or less.

4. Jio has started to read in English.

5. The Democrats kicked ass in the election.

6. I have a job that I enjoy, part time though it may be.

7. I have Internet access.

8. I am involved with Literary Mama.

9. I have good friends.

10. My mother-in-law has a new pastime (pyramid sales).

5 Comments:

Blogger jean said...

I had no idea there was such a thing as a pilgrim centerpiece!! (Canadian Thanksgiving is turkey and pumpkin pie, and that's about it!)

5:43 AM  
Blogger Choco Pie said...

I hope we hear more about #10. Sounds interesting. Happy Thanksgiving.

6:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for your blog!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Gaijin Mama said...

I have these wooden pilgrim and Native American dolls that I use as a centerpiece.

1:48 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

A short story in Cicada AND a book deal? That is wonderful. I'm thankful that your blog (and you!) insprire me.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home