Thursday, March 09, 2006

Call Me Sensei

I've been sort of looking for a job, which means I handed over my resume to a friend who knew of a job opening at the university where she works. It's two classes one day per week teaching English Communication. There was an exchange of e-mails about the details on my resume, and then a committee met to discuss me and my resume. I figured they'd call me in for an interview and I would get to wear my new Armani suit, but they sent me an e-mail saying that I start in April! So now, after seven years of being a stay-at-home mom, I'm employed!

10 Comments:

Blogger weigook saram said...

Congratulations! Have you taught ESL before? (I know you're a writer.) I used to teach ESL, and many of my students were Japanese. It was a lot of fun.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Gaijin Mama said...

Yes, I did, for eleven years until my twins were born and a little bit after.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Choco Pie said...

Congratlations!

9:02 PM  
Blogger illahee said...

congratulations sensei!! i hope you enjoy it!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Stacey Greenberg said...

congrats!

9:56 AM  
Blogger kate said...

Congratulations! Sounds good...

12:39 PM  
Blogger Leightongirl said...

Right on! Way to go Suzanne!

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Congrats! I was wondering if you could send me a little info on what kind of community is in Japan for foreign wives? I'm Canadian. My fiance is Japanese and is the oldest son...so we shall have to return for at least a few years. Thanks for your blog it's very interesting!
My fiance is from Shinjuku.
I'm a bit scared!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Gaijin Mama said...

There is a wonderful organization called the Association of Foreign Wives of Japanese. Membership is open to anyone who is thinking of marrying, is married to, or has been married to a Japanese man.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much and take care!

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home