Thursday, February 23, 2006

Japanese Doctors

I'm feeling confused and frustrated due to my inability to trust Japanese doctors. Last night, my son was feeling achey and tired and came down with a fever early this morning. Sounds like the flu, right? But he was also itchy, and he seems to have a rash all over his body. He had a flu shot and when I took him to a doctor near our house, he tested negative for influenza. The doctor said that it might still be influenza, but it was too early to tell. I mentioned that a kid at Jio's kindergarten had scarlet fever last week, so the doctor said he'd prescribe antiobiotics for that. The thing is, I couldn't tell if he was just humoring me or not. Apparently there is a test for scarlet fever, but he didn't conduct any tests beyond the flu one. Also, he only gave us antiobiotics for four days, but according to the information I have in English, one should take antibiotics for two weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home