Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day

I always feel kind of grumpy on Western holidays, probably because I know they will never live up to my memories of them. Mother's Day in Japan is all about carnations, but what I wanted was breakfast in bed and not having to do any work. I have to say, though, that this was the best Mother's Day I've had so far. Both kids made cards for me at school, and Yoshi got some flowers for them to give to me. (Last year he remembered only his own mother.) Also, my husband, exhausted from the school trip to Tokyo Disneyland, etc, from which he returned last night, was home for half the day. He even made dinner. (But I had to clean up afterward.)

2 Comments:

Blogger weigook saram said...

I know what you mean about feeling grumpy on holidays. I'm glad your husband came through.

6:32 AM  
Blogger John Shelley said...

My mother's pretty well given up on me, because Mother's Day in the UK occurs a full month before that in Japan. As the date tends to shift every year (like Easter) I never know when it's coming and invariably miss it.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home