Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Lilia's Abilities

Today is Blogging Against Disablism Day (or something like that). In honor of the occasion, here are ten things that my seven-year-old daughter can do:

1. She can write the Chinese characters for "spring wind."
2. She can do a somersault.
3. She can throw a baseball hard and straight.
4. She can write her name in English and Japanese and can also finger-spell it.
5. She can take photos and make movies with my cell phone (and also other functions that I haven't figured out yet.)
6. She can break an egg into a bowl without getting any shell in.
7. She can tie her shoes.
8. She can use chopsticks well and has been able to since she was about three.
9. She can remember all of her lines from her school play a year and a half ago.
10. She can give me directions to her aunt's house.

5 Comments:

Blogger jennifergg said...

Lovely post. One of the things I have learned in the past four years is to see abilities...it's been one of the greatest gifts of my life.

Cheers!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Choco Pie said...

That was fun to read. If you are the one who taught her to crack an egg, my hat is off to you. My sister had to teach my kids because I just couldn't deal with it.

8:20 AM  
Blogger jean said...

There are a number of things on that list that I can't do, including no. 1 which I should DEFINITELY be able to do but at the moment can't. Yea, Lilia!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Gaijin Mama said...

I can't do #1 or #10. As for the egg-cracking, I guess the Occupational Therapy has paid off after all.

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful list. Yay Lilia!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home